- Chairperson of Bowls Europe Ltd and all that entails under company law.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the board and its director.
- Responsible for the ethics, culture and trust in the board.
- Ambassadorial role for the company.
An ex-Police Officer, who throughout his career gained vast experience in formulating strategic plans, coordinating, managing and delivering projects in a professional and efficient manner. This included building strong partnerships across varied sectors with an ability to influence and work with stakeholders and senior decision-makers.
In the world of bowls, Bob has held a number of key positions in the management and progression of bowls organisations. Aside from holding various committee positions in his home club, including secretary, match secretary and president for over 20 years, Bob has held, various posts in controlling bodies, including -
- Secretary of Scottish Police Bowling Association and on the British Police Board of the sport for 10 years.
- in 2008, elected to District Secretary with the then Scottish Bowling Association and till this date, a District Co-ordinator with Bowls Scotland.
- In 2010 was elected as a Director of the newly formed "Bowls Scotland", a position he held for 10 years before having to retire from the board.
During his tenure as a Director of Development with Bowls Scotland, was responsible for working closely with other directors to promote the sport at local, national and international levels, overseeing a new coaching award programme, Try Bowls events.
Contributed to Bowls Scotland strategic planning and growth to make the organisation a modern, professional and well-governed sustainable sport available for all to access.
Appointed Bowls Scotland Para Head Co-ordinator 2019 having been involved with Disability bowling for around 10 years.
Bowls Scotland Regional Academy coach.
Team Manager for International players at Hong Kong Classic 2017.
Bob is no slouch when it comes to the playing side of lawn bowls.....
Having started playing in the late 1980's , Bob has been successful at various clubs and at county level. He has also represented Scotland at International level and represented both Scottish Police and British Police teams at International level. He was part of winning International series teams on 5 occasions and won British Police Pairs once and runner up once.
Member of :